Become a member of the OSCMBecome a member of the OSCM and stay up to date on our activities! Just send us an email that you’d like to join and we’ll sure you get added to our mailing list so you can stay up to date on upcoming events and Open Science news. Of course, you can also follow us on Twitter or Mastodon and, if you’re a Maastricht University employee, join the OSCM UMployee community.
Join the OSCM team: Open Science ambassadors and messengersIf you’re looking for a more active role in Open Science to support and facilitate Open Science in our University, the OSCM employs faculty ambassadors and messengers that help with sharing expertise about Open Science within UM. Open Science is a movement that has benefits for all university faculties. We therefore welcome new ambassadors and messengers from faculties all over UM that support the Open Science movement and are enthusiastic about sharing their expertise or spreading Open Science news.
What does an Open Science ambassador do?Within his/her faculty and/or departments or research groups within that faculty, an Open Science ambassador:
- Creates awareness about Open Science.
- Shares and multiplies information about Open Science.
- Takes the initiative to organize symposia or other events around Open Science.
- Represents the Open Science Community Maastricht.
What does an Open Science messenger do?Primarily within their department or research group, an Open Science messenger:
- Helps to spread Open Science news within their department.
- Actively forwards people with questions to the OSCM.
- Assists, where possible, with organizing events.